Welcome to the Science Treasure Hunt!
The Peoria Academy of Science is pleased to welcome you to the 32nd Annual Science Treasure Hunt. The Treasure Hunt is a combination of family adventure and scavenger hunt focusing on science and technology facilities and resources in the tri-county area.
Prize entry rules and requirements
Eligibility: All entrants must be students between 1st grade and 8th grade as of April 1, 2022.
Instructions: Visit ScienceTreasureHunt.org and create an account to view the various sites participating in this year's Treasure Hunt. Most of the Science Sites require an on-site visit but some are virtual, and the questions for those sites answered by searching online.
- Create a free account by clicking "Get started" above, and choosing a username and password. You must enter your parent's email address when prompted.
- Our partner Science Sites have created a series of questions that can be answered as you visit them. Once you find out an answer, enter it on ScienceTreasureHunt.org using your computer or mobile device.
- Some Science Sites have a short "authentication code", which you will need to enter to prove you visited the site. Be on the lookout for it, and enter it on ScienceTreasureHunt.org once you find it. Some sites don't have an authentication code; these are clearly marked.
- There are also several everyday science experiments listed on SciecneTreasureHunt.org, complete with materials and instructions. When you complete one, submit your results online.
- Once you have visited eight or more Science Sites and completed eight or more everyday science activities, you will be automatically entered into our prize drawing.
Drawing Winner Selection: Following the end of the Treasure Hunt at 11:59 PM Central Time on Monday, September 5, up to 100 winners will be chosen at random from the eligible hunters. Each will receive several prizes consisting of books, puzzles, and other neat science stuff. Then, three of the initial winners are randomly selected for additional prizes.